Also consult General Academic Regulations G30-G41.
On the recommendation of the relevant head of department, the Dean may set specific residential requirements for the MScAgric degree.
Subject to programme-specific requirements, the curriculum for the MScAgric degree consists of the following:
- A dissertation; and
- Further study in the major subject/s, augmented by ancillary modules prescribed by the Postgraduate Studies Committee, on the recommendation of the head of department. Such ancillary modules may be taken simultaneously with the major subject/s. Candidates in possession of the BScAgricHons degree may be exempted from additional ancillary modules.
- Please note that not all modules will be offered in any one year.
- BScAgric degree (or equivalent) with a major in agricultural economics or relevant bachelor’s degree or relevant honours degree
- A weighted average of at least 60% at final-year level
- An admission examination may be required
Note: Additional modules may be required in order to reach the desired level of competency
Other programme-specific information
Students should complete a module in research methodology as preparation for the dissertation module.