On the recommendation of the relevant head of department, the Dean may set specific residential requirements for the MScAgric degree.
Renewal of registration
As long as progress is satisfactory, renewal of the registration of a master’s student will be accepted for the second year of the study. Registration for a third and subsequent years will only take place when the Student Administration of the Faculty receives a written motivation which is supported by the relevant head of department and Postgraduate Studies Committee.
Subject to programme-specific requirements, the curriculum for the MScAgric degree consists of the following:
- A dissertation; and
- Further study in the major subject/s, augmented by ancillary modules prescribed by the Postgraduate Studies Committee, on the recommendation of the head of department. Such ancillary modules may be taken simultaneously with the major subject/s. Candidates in possession of the BScAgricHons degree may be exempted from additional ancillary modules.
- Please note that not all modules will be offered in any one year.
Candidates are required to familiarise themselves with the General Regulations regarding the maximum period of registration and the requirements on the submission of a draft article for publication.
- BScAgric degree (or equivalent) with a major in agricultural economics or relevant bachelor’s degree or relevant honours degree
- A weighted average of at least 60% at final-year level
- An admission examination may be required
Note: Additional modules may be required in order to reach the desired level of competency
Other programme-specific information
Students should complete a module in research methodology as preparation for the dissertation module.
Examinations and pass requirements
- The examinations in the ancillary modules should be successfully completed prior to, or simultaneously with, the examinations in the major subject/s, unless the Faculty Board decides otherwise.
- General Regulation G.12.2 applies to the calculation of marks.
- In order to obtain the MScAgric degree, the candidate must pass all prescribed modules, including the examination in the major subject/s, as well as the dissertation.