The BCom (Business Management) degree programme is for students who want to become business leaders and be employed in an organisation or create their own employment. This programme provides a big-picture view of the organisation as a body with separate but interdependent parts and students are taught how all the parts function as a whole.
This degree programme empowers students to develop a passion for business through exposure to South African and international best practices. Students are equipped to solve real-life business problems, use management processes to make decisions to benefit the organisation and know the importance of being innovative within a dynamic business environment.
To excel in this programme, prospective students should be:
- Able to see the big picture
- A creative thinker
- An analytical thinker
- A self-starter
- Able to integrate ideas and concepts
- A systematic organiser and planner
The career prospectives of graduates who complete this degree are vast. They could either join established businesses or start their own.
Enquiries: Please send an email to Prof AJ Antonites [email protected]
For more information: www.up.ac.za/business-management
A wide variety of opportunities exist in the areas of administration, finance, marketing and human resources management, including employment as teachers, lecturers, general managers and management consultants
Important information for all prospective students for 2024
The admission requirements below apply to all who apply for admission to the University of Pretoria with a National Senior Certificate (NSC) and Independent Examination Board (IEB) qualifications. Click here for this Faculty Brochure.
English Home Language or English First Additional Language
Life Orientation is excluded when calculating the APS.
Applicants currently in Grade 12 must apply with their final Grade 11 (or equivalent) results.
Applicants who have completed Grade 12 must apply with their final NSC or equivalent qualification results.
Please note that meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee admission.
Successful candidates will be notified once admitted or conditionally admitted.
Unsuccessful candidates will be notified after 30 June.
Applicants should check their application status regularly on the UP Student Portal at click here.
Applicants with qualifications other than the abovementioned should refer to the Brochure: Undergraduate Programme Information 2024: Qualifications other than the NSC and IEB, available at click here.
International students: Click here.
A transferring student is a student who, at the time of applying at the University of Pretoria (UP) is/was a registered student at another tertiary institution. A transferring student will be considered for admission based on NSC or equivalent qualification and previous academic performance. Students who have been dismissed from other institutions due to poor academic performance will not be considered for admission to UP.
Closing dates: Same as above.
A returning student is a student who, at the time of application for a degree programme is/was a registered student at UP, and wants to transfer to another degree at UP. A returning student will be considered for admission based on NSC or equivalent qualification and previous academic performance.
- Students who have been excluded/dismissed from a faculty due to poor academic performance may be considered for admission to another programme at UP, as per faculty-specific requirements.
- Only ONE transfer between UP faculties and TWO transfers within a faculty will be allowed.
- Admission of returning students will always depend on the faculty concerned and the availability of space in the programmes for which they apply.
Closing date for applications from returning students
Unless capacity allows for an extension of the closing date, applications from returning students must be submitted before the end of August via your UP Student Centre.
All modules will only be presented in English, which is the University's official language of tuition, communication and correspondence.
The Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences aspires to be at the cutting edge of economic, financial and management education, as well as research and community engagement within the national, African and global context. Our mission is to advance relevant knowledge and develop employable, innovative and diverse graduates to co-create value for society.
- Disclaimer: This publication contains information about regulations and programmes of the University of Pretoria. Amendments to or updating of the information may be effected from time to time without prior notification. The accuracy, correctness or validity of the information contained here is therefore not guaranteed by the University at any given time and is always subject to verification. The user is kindly requested to verify the correctness of the information with the University at all times. Failure to do so will not give rise to any claim or action of any nature against the University by any party whatsoever.