The University of Pretoria is a multi-faculty research-intensive university with campuses in Pretoria, its surrounds, and in the country’s economic hub, Johannesburg. The University is conveniently situated in close proximity to government departments and major research entities in Pretoria, including the National Research Foundation (NRF) and the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
The University provides an environment that is stimulating, intellectually challenging and conducive to optimising teaching and learning. The approach to education is holistic. Through participation in the wide range of campus activities and societies focusing on sports, arts and culture, students become well-rounded citizens.
As one of South Africa’s oldest and most prestigious institutions of higher education, the University of Pretoria provides a refreshing mix of academic tradition and progressive vision. The latter is brought to life by means of world-class research that results in positive, tangible contributions to both local and global communities.
The QS World University Rankings rate the top tertiary institutions around the world against several indicators. UP has significantly improved its ranking and is now among the top 52% of ranked institutions. UP is ranked in the 501–550 range. 'Considering there are approximately 26 000 universities globally, this positions the University of Pretoria among the top 1,9% of universities in the world,' the QS body reported. Read more
UP has the second strongest showing for employer reputation in South Africa and was ranked 255th globally on this indicator. Read more
- The Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences at the University of Pretoria is ranked 1st in South Africa (top 4% worldwide) for Accounting and Finance. Read more
- The School of Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology (EBIT) at the University of Pretoria is ranked in the top 1% worldwide. Read more
- The Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences at the University of Pretoria is ranked in the top 6% worldwide for Economics and Econometrics. Read more
- The QS World University Rankings has included the University of Pretoria in 16 subject categories.Read more
- The TuksLaw team came 1st in South Africa, by winning the 58th Philip C Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition .Read more
- The FLY@UP initiative will assist you to graduate in the shortest time possible. Read more
- The Ready for Work programme will help assist you to be ready for employment after graduation. Read more
Share this page
Last edited by Zamandina MthembuEdit