Date: 12 - 14 March 2018 and 5 - 6 April 2018
Due date for registration: Monday, 5 March 2018
Please submit electronically to Mrs Kathy Pieterse ([email protected]) and "CC" to Mr Reuben Semenya ([email protected]).
Please indicate whether you are going to attend the FIRST OFFERING or SECOND OFFERING.
You will only be registered and allowed to attend HMS871/771 if this form is signed/approved by your supervisor
Please download the registration form (MSWord)
Important information for Supervisors for the Scientific Writing Module
- All students wanting to attend Scientific writing (HMS871/HMS873/HMS 771/772) module need to complete an application to attend the module.
- The application has important information to be completed with regards the status of their research, and will guide their eligibility to attend the module.
The form has sections to be completed by both students and their supervisors
The due date for submission of the application form is Wednesday 7 March, 2018.
If the form is not submitted or signed by the supervisor, the student will not be allowed to attend the module.
Further, if the student has not completed data collection they will not be allowed to attend the class.
- Do kindly note that the student will still need to register for the module with Reuben Semenya
- All module communication will be via ClickUP and as such students need to be registered for the academic year 2018.
- Supervisors will mark their own student(s)' assignment(s) (i.e. abstract and journal manuscript for Masters & PhD students and research project for Diploma students). Rubrics for the abstract and manuscript will be available on clickUP. The rubric for the Diploma literature review is available in the Post graduate handbook.
- Students will upload the abstracts via Turnitin on ClickUP; due date for the abstract is Wed Mar 14, 2018 by 23:59. The marks should be submitted to Kathy by Mon April 2, 2018.
Please note that submission is only allowed via Turnitin on clickUP. No copies to be emailed to course coordinator/Kathy or Reuben.
Students will upload the manuscript via Turnitin on ClickUP; due date Fri 30 April 2018
Supervisors are to submit manuscript marks by Fri 28 May, 2018 by email to Kathy
- If the marked assignment is not handed/emailed to Kathy Pieterse by due date, your student will fail this module. This information will be communicated to the students in class and via ClickUP has also been communicated to your students in class and on ClickUP