This degree programme is presented in English only.
Refer also to G31-G41.
The curriculum is determined in consultation with the programme organiser.
A student will have to apply to the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology if he/she requires more than three years to complete the degree.
- Relevant honours degree with a cumulative weighted average of at least 65% for the honours degree or relevant four-year bachelor’s degree with a weighted average of at least 65% at final-year level and
- The following modules passed at first-year level:
- Mathematical Statistics or Statistics and
- Mathematics (preferably Calculus and Linear Algebra) and
- A recommendation letter from the employer/line manager, indicating a commitment that they will make time available for the employee to devote to the studies
- An essay/motivation letter motivating the interest in this degree
- Comprehensive intellectual CV
Other programme-specific information
Discontinuation of studies
The Dean may, on the recommendation of the admissions committee, cancel the studies of a student who fails more than one module. A module may only be repeated once.
Examinations and pass requirements
The stipulations of the relevant Faculty regulations are applicable.
The Dean may, on recommendation of the relevant head of department, exempt a student from the examination on the dissertation.
The average mark awarded by all the examiners is the final mark, with the pass mark being at least 50%.
Pass with distinction
The degree is conferred with distinction on students who have obtained at least 75% for the mini-dissertation and a minimum of 75% weighted average (not rounded) final mark for the coursework modules and completed the degree within the minimum time.