Hierdie inligting is slegs in Engels beskikbaar.
BScHons (Biotechnology) is a unique interdepartmental programme aimed at enabling students to pursue their interest in molecular biotechnology through relevant research areas offered within fields of biochemistry, plant science, microbiology and plant pathology, plant production, as well as genetics. Students within this programme will be registered and will conduct their studies within the department of their choice. A student’s choice of research programme will determine which of the respective departments will mentor their honours degree programme.
Hierdie inligting is slegs in Engels beskikbaar
Renewal of registration
- Subject to exceptions approved by the Dean, on the recommendation of the head of department, and in the case of distance education where the Dean formulates the stipulations that will apply, a student may not sit for an examination for the honours degree more than twice in the same module.
- A student for an honours degree must complete his or her study, in the case of full-time students, within two years and, in the case of after-hours students, within three years of first registering for the degree and, in the case of distance education students, within the period stipulated by the Dean. Under special circumstances, the Dean, on the recommendation of the head of department, may give approval for a limited extension of this period.
In calculating marks, General Regulation G.12.2 applies.
Apart from the prescribed coursework, a research project is an integral part of the study.
BSc in Biotegnologie of gelykstaande graad met GTS 351, BCM 356 en MBY 364; 'n gemiddelde slaagsyfer van 60% of meer op derdejaarsvlak of toestemming deur die hoof van die departement. Voorkeur sal aan aansoekers met die hoogste gemiddelde finale graad punt vir hul voorafgaande graad gegee word, en kwalifiserende aansoekers kan aan 'n ingang evaluerings eksamen onderwerp word. Toegang is verder afhanklik van die beskikbaarheid van studieleiers en / of navorsingsprojekte binne die deelnemende departemente.
Ander programspesifieke inligting
- The curriculum for the balance of the credits will be determined by the heads of the participating departments.
- Additional modules may be prescribed by the head of the department where deemed necessary. Honours students may also be required to complete a biometry or equivalent module, if they have not already done so during their undergraduate training.
- A pass mark is required for all the components of the honours study programme and the final mark is calculated proportionally to the credits of the respective prescribed modules.
Slaag met lof
The BScHons degree is awarded with distinction to a candidate who obtains a weighted average of at least 75% in all the prescribed modules and a minimum of 65% in any one module.