How to view the account:
- If you are a first-time user of the UP Portal, go to https://www.up.ac.za/portal, click on “New User” and enter your student number as username. Type in your ID/passport number and click on “Proceed”. (My TUKS login)
- In the Student Centre, Self Service, under Finances, click Student Finances. On the next page, click Tuition Account. Use the View/Print Details option to view the full detail account.
- Please ensure your browser allows pop-ups
Account due dates:
- Statements of accounts are regularly mailed from March onwards to the address indicated by students on their registration form.
- For address changes, students can update it on the portal, or contact their Faculty Administration for assistance.
- It is the responsibility of students to check their accounts for correctness.
- Accounts are due by the dates indicated (30 April: 50% of the account and 31 July: 100%) even if a statement of account is not received by mail. Shortly after registration, the accounts will be available on the UP Portal.
- Failing to comply with this policy, students will be allowed to write tests/exams, but the results will be blocked until 50% (half) of the account is paid as at 30 April and 100% (full account) 31 July. Once paid, the financial block lifts and access to results is granted. Notification of a supplementary exam will not be blocked and will be available to the student.
- Residence and meal fees should be visible on the account towards end of February.
- Non-receipt of a statement is not an acceptable excuse for the non-payment thereof.
Students or parents intending to pay by the end of April in order to get an early payment discount (2,5%) should access the UP Portal (Student Centre, Finances) to see their latest updated student account and discount amount. Accounts may change at any time during the year. Please view the 2,5% Discount icon for very important details.
EFT payments may take up to 5 days to reflect. Payments made at our cashiers are activated the same day. Please view the Bank Details icon for more information
Please see the Funding part of the Fees and Funding brochure. The awards are handled by our Study Financing department and should be visible on the account by end of March.
We do accept payment arrangements. Please view the Payment Arrangements icon for full information on acceptable payment arrangements.
SMS communication is strictly sent to the number provided by the enrolled student. We understand that parents/sponsors might not be comfortable with some of the rules, however, a large amount of communication goes out from various departments and it is currently directed to the enrolled student.
Account in arrears:
Should students fail to comply with the regulations regarding the payment of their accounts, the Council of the University of Pretoria may:
- withhold examination results/your academic record;
- refuse registration for the following term;
- deny the student admission to accommodation in residence;
- deprive the student of the right to a certificate of conduct;
- withhold a degree/diploma certificate;
- report the outstanding debt to the National Credit Regulator;
- pursue legal action to recover debt.