If the student account is 100% paid by 30 April, a 2,5% discount is applicable. Students can view their up-to-date account status on the UP Portal (“Student Centre, Finances”).
- Accounts may change at any time – please view the account on 29 April to ensure it is paid in full on 30 April.
- The 2,5% discount amount is displayed on the UP-Portal (My TUKS Login > Student Service Centre > Student Finances > Student Finances again > Discount display). To ensure the correct amount is paid, we request that the discount amount be viewed on the UP Portal.
- Payments received after 30 April will not qualify for the discount. EFT payments may take up to five days to reflect. UP cashier payments will reflect same day.
- Pay the balance on the account minus the 2,5% discount amount as displayed on the UP Portal. To ensure that the correct amount is paid, we request that the discount amount be viewed on the UP Portal. Please view again on 29 April, because accounts may change at any time during the year.
- Due to bank charges, payments made via our online credit card facility will not qualify for 2,5% discount. Only payments made via EFT, direct bank payments and at official University of Pretoria cashiers (using cash or cards) will qualify for 2,5% discount when settling the student account in full by 30 April.
- The discount amount granted will be visible on the end of May account statement.
Where to find the discount amount:
The next screen after selecting the discount display option will indicate the discount amount at:
• is only applicable on the portion of the account that is paid by the student (own contribution);
• is not granted on any funding or award from UP, or any NSFAS or similar loan;
• is not granted on family rebate;
• will be visible on the end of May account statement.