Applying for Academic Accommodations/Concessions (.e.g extra time)
If you would like to determine your eligibility for academic accommodations (concessions) kindly apply as early as possible in the academic year. Reasonable accommodation measures can only be put in place following a successful application to the UP Disability & Reasonable Accommodation Panel. In order for your reasonable accommodation requests to be reviewed and feedback be given timeously, please register with the Disability Unit and submit appropriate supporting documentation before the commencement of the first semester assessments.
Application Process (If you already have supporting documentation)
- You can complete the Disability Unit Registration Form by clicking Online Disability Unit Registration Form.
- To this form, you can upload your supporting documentation from your health professionals.Thus it is advised you only complete the form if you already have all your documentation in place.
- Kindly note that concessions received at previous institutions do not automatically apply to UP.
- Concessions usually take a minimum of 3 weeks to be processed after receipt of the completed online form and all appropriate supporting documentation in line with UP requirements.
- If concession support is required for a Specific Learning Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or any other Psychiatric Disorder there is a specific concession assessment battery that is required. Kindly contact the Disability Unit for a referral letter that provide details thereof.
Students can consult with the Disability Unit (walk-in; x2064; [email protected]) for all disability related queries and support (including to assess if a student is eligible for additional time on the basis of a disability).
Students at the Mamelodi campus can consult with a DU staff member every Friday at the Disability Unit Computer lab located within the Mamelodi Campus Library.
All forms are available at the Disability Unit or can be emailed following a consultation with the Disability Unit.
- It must be noted that concession applications for the 1st semester close on the 30th April 2020.
- Concession applications for the 1st semester close on the 30th September 2020.