We consist of a team of professionals who provide the following support to students with disabilities.
In efforts to create an integrated and inclusive learning environment for students with disabilities, the Disability Unit offers the following services:
- Assistive technological services: screenings, training, and support to students with disabilities regarding a variety of assistive computer technologies and software applications available at the DU’s computer lab. Training sessions are available by request.
- Adapted text arrangements: Conversion of study material into accessible formats.
- Facilitation of test and examination accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Academic Accommodations/Concession applications (relevant supporting medical report required and registration with DU).
- Orientation and mobility training.
- Academic support for students with learning disabilities.
- Referrals for recommended textbooks in electronic format.
- Accessible study venues and a computer lab.
- Support Groups
- Digital Accessibility
Students with disabilities who might be unsure of support, do send enquiries as follows:
- For queries related to test and exam concessions, email: [email protected]
- For queries related to text conversion/accessible texts related to your assessments, teaching, and learning material: [email protected]
- For test and exam concession applications: [email protected]
- For queries related to Assistive Technology Support, email: [email protected]
- Any other disability-related queries can be addressed to [email protected] or to the individual Disability Unit practitioner that you were interacting with prior to the COVID-19 period.