Please email the Disability Unit for your support request to:
E-mail address: [email protected]/ [email protected]
Website address: https://www.up.ac.za/disability-unit
Telephone number: +27 12 420 2064
Students with disabilities who might be unsure of support, please send enquiries as follows:
- For queries related to test and exam concessions, email: [email protected]
- For queries related to text conversion/accessible texts related to your assessments, teaching, and learning material: [email protected]
- For test and exam concession applications: [email protected]
- For queries related to Digital Accessibility and Assistive Technology Support, email: [email protected]
- Any other disability-related queries can be addressed to [email protected]
Please note the following:
- All concession application/renewals (e.g. for additional time) are open for the first two months of each semester.
- B Com Acc/Chancellor examinations/Summer School/Winter School students are advised to utilize their current concession letters for any tests/exams written during January of the following year
Hatfield Campus: Old Chemistry Building (Rm 1-4):
Office hours: Mondays to Fridays from 07:30 – 15:30.
Kindly contact the Disability Unit for consultation hours for specific staff members
Students at the Mamelodi, Onderstepoort, Prinshof and Groenkloof Campuses are advised to contact [email protected] to book a consultation with a DU staff member.
For 24 hr Security Services and physical emergencies/assistance and accessible parking:
- UP Security Services 0800 006 428 / 012 420 2310
- This number is on the back of your student card
Mr. Juan Erwee
Mr. Simon Sikhosana
Senior Disability Officer
Mr. Aadil Naidoo