Applying for Concessions

Applying for Academic Accommodations/Concessions (.e.g extra time)

If you would like to determine your eligibility for academic accommodations (concessions) kindly apply as early as possible in the academic year. Reasonable accommodation measures can only be put in place following a successful application to the UP Disability & Reasonable Accommodation Panel. In order for your reasonable accommodation requests to be reviewed and feedback be given timeously, please register with the Disability Unit and submit appropriate supporting documentation before the commencement of the first semester assessments.

Application Process (If you already have supporting documentation)

  1. You can complete the Disability Unit Registration Form (Link Below) after you are registered as a student for 2024 academic year.
  2. To this form, you can upload your supporting documentation from your health professionals. Thus it is advised you only complete the form if you already have all your documentation in place.
  3. Kindly note that concessions received at previous institutions do not automatically apply to UP.
  4. Concessions usually take a minimum of 3 weeks to be processed after receipt of the completed online form and all appropriate supporting documentation in line with UP requirements.
  5. If concession support is required for a Specific Learning Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or any other Psychiatric Disorder there is a specific concession assessment battery that is required. Kindly contact the Disability Unit ([email protected]) for a referral letter that provides details thereof.

Disability Unit Registration form :

Closing Dates:

  • All concession applications/renewals (e.g. for additional time) reopened on the 1st February 2024. .
  • It must be noted that concession applications for the 1st semester close on the 30th of April 2024.
  • Concession applications for the 2nd semester close on the 7th of October  2024.

Students with disabilities who are unsure of support, please send enquiries as follows:

Renewal for Concessions (Extra Time), please see the link below:


Students can consult with the Disability Unit (walk-in; x2064; [email protected]) for all disability-related queries and support (including to assess if a student is eligible for additional time on the basis of a disability).

- Author Disability Unit

Copyright © University of Pretoria 2024. All rights reserved.

FAQ's Email Us Virtual Campus Share Cookie Preferences