Welcome to the Department of Radiography
The Radiography Department at the University of Pretoria in collaboration with the accredited clinical facilities aims to produce professional radiographers that are fit for purpose and fit for practice.
To be a leading Department recognised for excellence in teaching and learning, research, high standards of clinical practice and community engagement in the radiography profession.
The Department of Radiography at the University of Pretoria in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders aims to produce professional radiographers to serve the community’s health and well-being, through an integrated, multidisciplinary and collaborative teaching and learning approach.
This will be supported through:
- Application of hybrid, enquiry-led education principles to enhance critical thinking, problem-solving, leadership and research which contribute to providing quality health care,
- Holistic professional development of graduates,
- Continuous professional development of staff to advance their expertise, and knowledge through community engagement projects, cutting edge technology and research.
- A student-centred educational approach.
Values of the Radiography Department
- Aspiration for excellence in its core functions includes the utilization of technological developments.
- Integrity guides the discussions and decisions to take the department forward.
- Respect for humanity is key to all activities of the department.
- Transformation orientation that embraces the diversity of students and staff.
- Loyalty to the University of Pretoria and School of Healthcare Sciences is demonstrated through active participation by both staff and students in the radiography department.
- Caring ethos is embedded in theory and practice.
- Collaboration among all stakeholders on matters that relate to the department’s core functions.
Innovation and excellence in the Radiography profession.