The Students' Postgraduate Committee (SPGC) is a students committee formed by the Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics to cater for the academic and social needs of all registered postgraduate (PhD & MSc) students in the Department.
Our activities include:
- Providing a voice for postgraduate students in the Department and in the University.
- Promoting initiatives for improvement of the study conditions of postgraduate students.
- Organising annual workshops where postgraduate students can present their work.
- Organising social events for postgraduate students in the Department.
- Managing of the postgraduate students' common room in the Mathematics building.
The Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics strongly recommends that postgraduate students attend postgraduate workshops and functions. We as an organisation feel that we should actively participate in academic activities. This encourages student-student networking.