Postgraduate Mathematics Development Project
The Department strives to be a research-intensive academic unit where research drives, and is supported by, strong postgraduate programmes. The impact of highly qualified graduates with Honours, Master’s and Doctoral degrees offered by the Department should be keenly felt in the society where mathematics is a scarce skill discipline and a recognised major impediment to development.
Aims and objectives:
- Providing bursaries for top Honours and Master’s students
- Renovation of the Vetman building as a postgraduate centre
- Updating the Laboratory for Advanced Computing
- Developing of a study space for Honours students and senior undergraduate students (while working on projects, etc)
- Strengthening the links with industry:
- Establishing an advisory panel for the programmes in Financial Engineering and Mathematics of Finance
- Involvement of experts from the industry in the Financial Engineering programme as Extraordinary Lecturers, e.g. in supervising projects/essays, offering special topics in modules, etc.
The Department is looking for partnership and financial support from the industry for achieving the aim and objectives of the project. All contributions will be appropriately acknowledged.
Share this page
Last edited by Magdalena OosthuizenEdit