The following projects are either at various stages of development or they are being implemented currently. Should you wish to know more about the projects listed below or to be involved in any way, please Contact Us.
Diabetes Prevention and Health Promotion Cluster
The Happy Healthy Nurses Study: risk factor assessment, intervention and longitudinal follow up study.
Diabetes Management in Primary Healthcare Cluster
Diabetes Management in Hospitals Cluster
- Linkage to Care: caring for patients post hospital admission: the hospital, community, and home care continuum.
Diabetes in Pregnancy Cluster
- A pragmatic, multi-centre randomised controlled trial to limit excess gestational weight gain and improve pregnancy outcomes in overweight or obese pregnant women: effects of a behavioural intervention using smartphones
- Assessment of nutritional, physical activity, and diabetes knowledge in women with gestational diabetes: Association with glycaemic control
Diabetes in Children and Adolescents Cluster
- Investigation of possible causality of COVID-19 exposure as a trigger for the development of new onset diabetes mellitus in children and adolescents
- Prevalence and incidence of type 1 diabetes in Gauteng: with the aim of setting up a national type 1 diabetes registry
- Growth assessment of children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus in Pretoria, South Africa: a cross-sectional study of factors contributing to stunting
- Comparison of glycaemic control on basal bolus and premixed insulin regimens in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus in resource-limited settings
- Evaluation of diabetes retinopathy and its predicting factors in paediatric and adolescent patients at the Steve Biko Academic Hospital Diabetes Clinic
Diabetes Technologies Cluster
- Continuous glucose monitoring during diabetic keto-acidosis management
- Impact of point of care HbA1c monitoring in primary care and tertiary care clinics
Get Social With Us
Download the UP Mobile App