The management structure of the University of Pretoria Diabetes Research Centre includes a Management Committee and an Advisory Board.
UP Diabetes Research Centre Management Committee
The UP Diabetes Research Centre Management Committee approves plans and budgets of the Research Centre, and reviews progress and recommendations for new projects.
The Management Committee is composed of the Director (Chairperson), the Senior Project Manager, the Cluster Heads, and other representatives from member faculties.
Director: Prof Paul Rheeder
Senior Programme Manager: Dr Patrick Ngassa Piotie
Heads of Clusters:
- Diabetes Prevention and Health Promotion: Prof Paola Wood and Dr Zelda White.
- Diabetes Management in Primary Healthcare: Prof Elize Webb and Dr Owen Eales.
- Diabetes Management in Hospitals: Prof Danie van Zyl and Prof Paul Rheeder.
- Diabetes in Pregnancy: Prof Sumaiya Adam and Prof Danie van Zyl.
- Diabetes in Children and Adolescents: Dr Maria Karsas and Dr Tanja Kemp.
- Diabetes Technologies: Dr Maria Karsas and Dr Tanja Kemp.
UP Diabetes Research Centre Advisory Board
Chaired by Prof Tiaan de Jager, Dean of the University of Pretoria’s Faculty of Health Sciences.
The Advisory Board provides strategic leadership to the Research Centre. Its members advise, support, and assist the Management Committee to ensure that the UP Diabetes Research Centre fulfils its vision and mission.
The Board comprises:
- Experts in the field of diabetes,
- Representatives of civil society and international organisations,
- People with lived experience, and
- Representatives of the local and national health authorities.