- National guidelines and frameworks: South African Framework and Guidelines For Maternal and Neonatal Care during a crisis – COVID-19 response; National pregnant women with COVID-19 algorithms and guidelines; National algorithms and guidelines for the management of neonates with confirmed/suspected COVID-19 infection; National algorithms and guidelines for the management of children with confirmed/suspected COVID-19 infection
- National Maternal-neonatal COVID-19 surveillance. Sponsor: NDOH.
- A Pilot Study of Placental Histology and Doppler Ultrasound of the Umbilical Artery in Women with Severe COVID-19 Disease in Pregnancy (UP Ethics Nr 416/2020)
- Maternal and perinatal outcomes of the novel coronavirus in pregnancy. South African collaborative multisite research project. Principal Investigators: Vannevel V (UP), Budhram S (UKZN), Yates L (UKZN), Maswime S (UCT). Project supported by SAMRC. (UP Ethics Nr 255/2020).
- Prevalence and pregnancy outcome of women admitted for delivery during the SARS CoV-2 pandemic in a tertiary hospital in Pretoria, South Africa. PI: Soma-Pillay P.
- CLEVER Maternity care in the Tshwane District: 1) Maternity health care workers well-being and practice in the time of COVID-19. 2) Women’s experience of childbirth and breastfeeding in the time of COVID-19. UP Ethics Nr 787/2018. PIs: Oosthuizen, Bergh, Feucht
- The impact and outcomes of the COVID-19 pandemic on maternal and child health in the Tshwane District, South Africa. Collaborative research project. PI: Feucht UD.
- SA COVID KIDS study: SARS-CoV-2 Infection in Hospitalised South African Children: A multi-centre collaborative study to develop a COVID-19 Paediatric Registry. South African collaborative multisite research project. PI: Goga A (UP/MRC). Collaborator.
- Determinants of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) in South Africa (the project is part of the Covid19 Health Genomics - South Africa (CoHG-SA) project being conducted under the auspices of the Southern African Human Genome Programme (SAHGP). South African collaborative multisite research project. PIs: Pepper M (UP), Webb K (UCT). Collaborator.
For more information, please visit the SAMRC COVID-19 website.