The management structure of the UP ISMC includes an Operational team (Director & Project Manager), Management Committee and an Advisory Board.
- The Operational Team consists of the Director and the Project Manager.
- The role of the Director is to provide strong and strategic leadership, perform day-to-day management, market the Institute and mobilise funding, develop business plans for the Institute and to manage the Institute’s funds.
- The role of the Project Manager is to support the Director in all aspects related to the Institute by providing a complete administrative, financial and marketing service. The Project Manager also liaises between the Director and all Institute staff and postgraduate members, and between the members themselves.
- The Management Committee approves plans, budgets and management of the Institute, reviews progress and recommendations for new projects. The Committee meets bi-annually.
- The Advisory Board meets annually and evaluates and provides input to the strategic and business plans and directions of the Institute.
Prof Tiaan de Jager (PhD; Pr Sci Nat)
Deputy Dean: Research
Faculty of Health Sciences
Dr Taneshka Kruger (PhD)
School of Health Systems & Public Health (SHSPH), Faculty of Health Sciences
Back to top
The UP ISMC Management Committee:
Operational Team +
3 Cluster Chairs and at least 1 additional researcher per cluster
The UP ISMC Advisory Board:
Vice-Principal: Research & Postgraduate studies, University of Pretoria
Deans of three Faculties:
||Engineering, Built Environment & Information Technology
||Natural & Agricultural Sciences