The Mission of the OPAC is to provide OP students with the opportunity to better their understanding and knowledge of aquatic veterinary medicine. The OPAC also promotes WAVMA associated scholarships, externships, internships, residency programs and job listings, to student who are WAVMA members.
The objectives of this Society shall be:
- To serve any OP student interested in becoming involved with any aspects, species and/or disciplines associated with aquatic veterinary medicine.
- To develop activities and programs that provides the latest knowledge and experience in aquatic veterinary medicine, in order to optimally prepare society members to practice, advance and support aquatic animal health.
- To act as representatives of WAVMA and aquatic veterinarians, by upholding the ethical and professional aspects of veterinary medicine, including any involvement with third parties.
- To act as liaison between WAVMA and Onderstepoort, in order to establish and maintain effective communication, for the benefit of both parties.
- To foster and strengthen interactions within and between the OPAC, WAVMA and among aquatic veterinarians.