The Department makes its expertise available to members of industry for purposes of professional development, as well as skills development and capacity building. These short courses, presented in collaboration with Enterprises University of Pretoria, enable individuals in the mining sector to become more effective in the development of smart, long-lasting solutions for society.
The following Mining Engineering short courses are available:
These courses are all presented by lecturers in the Department or by industry partners with experience of the mining industry.
In addition, the Department offers the following in-house courses, which are presented to staff of an organisation on their own premises. Such in-house courses have, for example, been presented to the staff of De Beers at the mining house’s offices in London, or to the staff of Harmony Gold at their premises in Gauteng.
These offerings include the following:
- Leadership Development Programme for Junior Managers
- Leadership Development Programme for Middle Managers
- Leadership Development Programme for Senior Managers
- Course for Managers in Risk Management (c-MiRM)
- Course for Managers in Risk Management – Fundamentals (c-MiRM-F)
- Course for Managers in Risk Management – Advance (c-MiRM-A)
- Major Hazard Assessment and Bow Tie
- Mine Health and Safety Act Legal Liability Workshop
- Mine Ventilation Planning
- Operational Risk Management in the Mining Industry
- Programme in Tunnel Engineering
For registrations and enquiries, please contact:
Tel: +27 (0)12 434 2607
Cell: +27 (0)79 385 3801
Email: [email protected]