The Laboratory for microscopy and Microanalysis offers free electron microscopy training for the SEM and TEM, every Tuesday and Wednesday (12:30- 15:30), respectively. For bookings, please click here.
Please note that this is a training designed for first time users of the microscopes and a refresher for old users who may need to. No new microscope users will be permitted to work on the microscope without prior training. Users are encouraged to choose training for one microscope per week and ensure to read up the provided notes.
The training includes sample preparation, please bring your samples to prepare and image with. This allows us to deal with any challenges regarding your sample and ensures you are ready for analysis on the booked slot.
The following points are important:
• This training is offered free of charge and is aimed at reducing time spent on the instrument during analysis.
• The training is aimed at equipping users with prior knowledge before analysis to ensure quality output.
• Make sure to honour your appointment. Maximum of five(5) users per session
• Should you not be able to honour your appointment, you are required to inform us before 9am on the day.
• This does not substitute the first time user booking form.