Call for Applications: Disability Rights Unit internship opportunity
1 February 2019
The Disability Rights Unit at the Centre for Human Rights seeks to appoint an appropriately qualified individual (student) for its internship programme, based in Hatfield, Pretoria, South Africa
Download this Opportunity
Opportunity closing date: Friday 22 February 2019
Opportunity type: Internship
Organisation: Centre for Human Rights
Job title: Internship Opportunity for 2019
Type of contract: Fixed-Term
Duty station: Centre for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria
Duration: 10 months (1 March 2019 – 31 December 2019) with the possibility of extension.
Weekly hours: 20 hours a week
The internship is paid according to the set university rates for student work.
- Contribute to addressing the problems relating to skills shortage, by increasing the skills level of those entering the labour market;
- Improve the chances of employment in the chosen field by enhancing the capacity of the interns, while at the same time and in return, getting some value for the Centre;
- Contribute to the job-readiness of interns by exposing them to a practical working experience/environment;
- Inculcate human rights values in interns and strive to ensure that such values become part of their work ethic;
- Enhance the capacity of the Centre with an increased number of staff available to take on a range of administrative and programmatic functions;
- Participate actively in assigned programme work, ensuring that systems, processes and outputs are grounded in Ce values;
- Participate in internal communication and teamwork;
- Work within the programme team to ensure the effective implementation of organisation’s objectives;
- As and when required within reason, work beyond the scope of any job description; and
- Applicants interested and committed to working on disability rights issues are encouraged to apply.
- Working knowledge of and commitment to Human Rights, particularly Disability Rights will be advantageous;
- Studying or studying towards a postgraduate degree in social sciences such as: Human Rights, Law, Development Studies, Public Policy, Social Science, International Relations, and Sociology at the University of Pretoria;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and responsibility for areas of work;
- Fluency in English; and
- Additional language skills and project work experience are a plus.
To apply, submit a one page CV along with certificates, motivational letter and the details of two contactable referees (please provide both telephone numbers and email addresses) to [email protected]
Late and incomplete applications will not be considered for the position.
Only suitable qualified candidates will be considered and contacted.
Important: The Centre reserves the right to cancel the position should the needs of the Centre change or should we regard the submissions not to be adequate based on its needs.
Click here for more infomation about the Disability Rights Unit
Share this page
Last edited by Yolanda BooyzenEdit
Call for Applications: Internship opportunity at the Disability Rights Unit, Centre for Human Rights