Vision and Mission
The vision of the Faculty of Law is to strive to be an internationally recognised leader in socially relevant legal research and education in South Africa and in Africa.
Faculty Mission Statement
In pursuing its vision, the Faculty of Law has as its mission the creation and sustenance of a research and education environment that is grounded in values of social justice and excellence.
Faculty Values (aligned with those of the University of Pretoria)
The values of the Faculty of Law are fully aligned with those of the University with a view to creating a culture that reflects these values.
The members of the University of Pretoria Law Faculty believe that:
- our community of scholars must be founded on the pursuit of knowledge through research, teaching and learning, with membership acquired on the basis of intellectual merit, ability and the potential for excellence; and that
- differing perspectives, arising from diverse backgrounds and histories that define our identities, deepen scholarly inquiry and enrich academic debate.
- academic freedom, creative and innovative thought, ethical standards and integrity, accountability and social justice; and
- our staff and students, who are the Faculty’s core asset.
- an inquiry‐led and evidence‐based approach to creating knowledge; and
- academic citizenship, whereby we commit ourselves to harnessing our intellectual abilities in the interest of our nation and humanity.
We recognise that:
- in a resource‐constrained world where vast disparities remain, the Faculty must endeavour to produce graduates who appreciate the importance of community engagement, entrepreneurial endeavours and innovative actions in generating employment and development in our local communities.
Share this page
Last edited by Elzet HurterEdit