The research laboratory facility at the Hans Hoheisen Wildlife Research Station is managed by the Department of Veterinary Tropical Diseases.
The Wildlife Station, managed by the Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Pretoria is located adjacent to the Orpen Gate of the Kruger National Park, about 70 kilometres from the town of Hoedspruit.
The following laboratories are available:
- General/parasitology laboratory
- Clinical pathology/serology/immunology laboratory
- Microbiology laboratory
- Clean laboratory
- Containment laboratory (BSL2+)
In addition to the laboratory facilities, the Wildlife Research Station also offers the following:
- An auditorium with seating for 80 persons
- A conference room with seating for 10 persons
- Catering facilities
- Self-catering accommodation for 20 persons
- Camping site with communal kitchen and ablutions
- Swimming pool.