Room 2-37, Paraclinical Building, Onderstepoort
+27 12 529 8230
- Molecular characterisation of tick-borne pathogens
- Tick and tick-borne diseases of companion and production animals
- Development of Rapid Diagnostic Kits
- Recombinant Vaccines of tick-borne pathogens
- Over 15 peer reviewed research publications. ORCID: (0000-0002-1101-2897)
- Author and co-author of over 50 conference presentation
Professional and ademic and experience
- Over 20 years experience as a researcher.
- Over 15 years experience in teaching and learning
- Over 5 years experience in Senior Management
- Member of the Parasitological Society of Southern Africa
- Member of the World Association for the Advancement of Veterinary Parasitology
Subjects taught at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Veterinary Parasitology (Protozoology and Ectoparasitology)
- University of North West
- Utrecht University (Netherlands)
- Freie University (Berlin)
- University of Montpellier (France)
- National Agricultural Technology Institute (Argentina)
- University of Agriculture Makurdi (Nigeria)
Awards and recognition
- Senior NO Neitz award. Awarded for PhD thesis in parasitology. The 38th Annual Conference of the Parasitological Society of Southern Africa (Parsa). Magaliesberg Conference Center, South Africa. September 2009
- Best Veteran poster presentation 2009. The 38th Annual Conference of the Parasitological Society of Southern Africa (Parsa). Magaliesberg Conference Center, South Africa. September 2009.
- Nominated as one of the top ten researchers in the Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Pretoria in 2005.
- Utrech/Delta scholarship to the Netherlands, in 2002 and in 2004
- Best first time presenter. The 28th Annual Conference of the Parasitological Society of Southern Africa, Upington South Africa. September 1999.