All students should take everyday preventive actions that reduce the likelihood of transmitting respiratory illnesses
- Avoid close contact with others that are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose and use proper cough etiquette when coughing/sneezing
- Avoid touching area around your mouth, nose and eyes whenever possible
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when available, or alcohol-based hand sanitizers when soap/water are not available
- Stay home when sick - remain at home or in your dorm until fever (above 37.5) has been gone for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicines
- Call or email your campus Student Health Services if you have questions or concerns about your status ([email protected])
- If you become ill, call your Student Health Services, medical provider, or seek immediate medical care if symptoms become more severe, e.g., high fever or difficulty breathing
- For after-hours care, call security at 012 420 2310/ 2760 or 083 654 0476/ 0800 006 4028
- Be alert for campus communications regarding your campus COVID-19 status, and further advice or actions being taken by your campus, such as alteration in class scheduling, event cancellation, facilities closure, or other actions. Your campus will be working closely with public health authorities to make these determinations.
- Referrals, where applicable, are still required for services outside of the Student Health Services.