Sci‐Enza has been involved in raising science awareness and communicating science to learners, students, teachers and the public for over 40 years through a range of programmes such as public talks, video interviews, posters and interactive exhibits. Sci‐Enza has recently expanded its vision to include showcasing of UP research achievements to a growing audience of local and international visitors, thereby contributing to the UP strategic goals, particularly to strengthen the University’s national and international profile and to demonstrate its impact on economic and social development.
UP researchers have been identified for the first phase of Research Showcasing at the Centre. The showcase is designed to:
• Provide an opportunity for the University of Pretoria’s researchers to share their research.
• Profile the University’s top researchers and to highlight the diversity of UP research.
• Encourage young learners to choose a career in STEM fields.
• Inspire innovation and knowledge transfer.
• Attract top school achievers who could become our future researchers.
• Break down unhelpful stereotypes to learners and the public.
• Feature female academic role models from the University.
Launch information coming soon.