Faculty Day 2022 (23 and 24 August 2022)
Congratulations to the following persons for their participation in various fields during Faculty Day.
- Ms H Parkar that won the first prize, in the Emerging Academic Category.
- Prof W Cordier that won the second prize for the Advanced Academics Category.
- Mr D Chetty that received the 3rd overall prize for an e-poster as part of the Honours Degree students.
- Prof W Cordier that acted as the Programme Director.
- Dr S Mathijs and staff.
- BSc (Hon)students for the Clinical Research Unit (CRU)
SASBCP (October 2022)
Congratulations to all the winners (Supervisors and co-authors) of the respective categories:
- Poster Merit Award: Ms H Parkar - Enhancement of wound healing by acellular dermal scaffold alternatives in secondary intent wounds - Supervisors and co-author - Prof V Steenkamp, Prof D Cromarty and Ms S Mlambo-Bekoun Adja
- First Prize Best Poster (Basic): Ms J de Carvalho - Development and validation of an in vitro model of the blood brain barrier - Supervisors Dr M Balmith and Dr B Flepisi, I van den Bou
- Shared Second Prize Best Poster (Basic): Mr D Chetty and Ms S Mlambo-Bekoun Adja - Respectively - An in vitro investigation on the effects of an oestradiol derivative, C16 in breast cancer cells - Supervisors - Dr B Flepisi, Dr M Balmith and Prof A Mercier
- Comparative analysis of glycated and non-growth factor AB on the proliferation and glycated platelet derived migration of fibroblasts - Co-authors Ms H Parkar, Mr PG Monama, and Prof D Cromarty
- Third Prize Best Poster (Basic): Ms Priyanka Sook - An in vitro investigation of the effects of glioblastoma and breast cancer conditioned media on the permeability of the blood brain barrier - Supervisor and co-author - Dr M Balmith, Dr B Flepisi, and Ms X Mokoena
- Second Prize Best Podium (Clinical): Ms Christie Megaw - Dieticians' knowledge and perceptions of food and factors affecting it - Supervisors -N Olivier, Prof W Cordier
- Second Prize Best Podium (Basic Track): Ms Xolisilie Mokoena - Effects of glioblastoma cells on brain endothelial cell growth, migration, permeability, and tight junction proteins in vitro. - Supervisors - Dr M Balmith, Dr B Flepisi
- Social Award: Mr Keith Ncube
SACCMA (October 2022)
- Best student oral presentation – Mr K Ncube - Characterization of BT-20-triple-negative breast cancer spheroid models cultivated under dynamic and static conditions - Supervisor: Prof W Cordier
- Best flask talk – Ms C de Moura - Cytotoxicity of EGTA, verapamil, CHC and doxorubicin in BT-20 triple negative breast carcinoma spheroids - Supervisors: Prof W Cordier, Dr J Serem, Mr K Ncube.
Get Social With Us
Download the UP Mobile App