Welcome to the Department of Maxillo-Facial and Oral Surgery at the University of Pretoria
The Department of Maxillo-Facial and Oral Surgery at the University of Pretoria consists of the following subdivisions:
- Exodontia (removal of teeth and root rests)
- Dento-Alveolar Surgery (impactions, root resections, dental implants)
- Surgery for Trauma of the Face (cranio-facial trauma)
- Treatment of Odontogenic Infections and Pathological Conditions of the Head and Neck
- Treatment of Cleft Lip and Palate (facial cleft deformities)
- Surgery for Orthognathic Deformities, Reconstruction, Aesthetics, and
- Treatment of Temporomandibular Joint Problems and Facial Pain.
Prospective students are encouraged to peruse the academic programmes on offer or contact us for more information.