The main objective of this module is the execution of a community service-related project aimed at achieving a beneficial impact on a chosen section of society, preferably but not exclusively by engagement with a section of society which is different from the student's own social background. This module also aims to develop an awareness of personal, social and cultural values as well as multidisciplinary and life skills, such as communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
Typical projects for 2019 were:
- Maths and Science assistance for learners;
- Renovation of classrooms;
- Designing and building of jungle gyms for primary schools;
- Development and uploading of websites for non-profit organisations;
- Computer training for learners, educators, and community members;
- Enrichment projects for animals at non-profit organisations, like Lory Park Zoo; and
- Enrichment projects for animals in the National Zoological Gardens, Pretoria.
Number of students enrolled for the JCP-module
Number of partners and community projects