Prospective master's and doctorate students
All prospective postgraduate students (PhD and MSc) in Chemistry must please take note of the following application process information:
- Please submit an application to the Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences at www.up.ac.za in addition to the departmental form available here.
- It is strongly recommended that an applicant identifies a supervisor and is accepted by a supervisor prior to application.
- Prospective MSc(Chemistry) students must possess a BSc(Hons)(Chemistry) or equivalent degree with an average of 60%. If a student is in the process of obtaining this degree, final approval of an application can only be given once the final marks for the BSc(Hons) degree have been obtained.
- Prospective PhD(Chemistry) students must possess an MSc degree with an average of 60%.
- SAQA certification of qualifications is required for non‐South African students (refer to www.saqa.org.za).
- Acceptance depends, among other factors, on availability of space in research groups.
- Funding is the student’s responsibility.
- Additional requirements may apply.
- Please complete the Department of Chemistry form and submit it by email to [email protected]
Download Related links below
Share this page
Last edited by Martha MeyerEdit