You’ve got the degree now get the benefits
The UP Alumni Connect Platform and app has been launched. It will help you re-connect with former classmates and to grow your professional network. UP Alumni Connect will also keep you informed about what is happening at your alma mater and keep you up-to-date on events that are taking place.
Join the community now at www.upalumniconnect.com or download the UP Alumni Connect app. Search for “Graduway Community” on Google Play or the App Store.
How do I join the UP Alumni Connect Platform?
- Go to www.upalumniconnect.com andclick on “Get started”
- Sign up using your LinkedIn account or your Google or Facebook account or use your Email address.
- The team will verify that you are an alumnus/alumna/UP employee and approve you within 3 days.
- Sign in and enjoy the benefits.
How do I download the UP Alumni Connect app?
- Go to App Store or Play Store
- Search "Graduway Community"
- Install the app
- Select "University of Pretoria" as your institution
- Register or Login
What does UP Alumni Connect Platform offer to alumni?
- Reconnect with fellow alumni and renew old friendships by searching for people based on shared location, residences, faculty, interest groups, industry affiliation, etc. and by sending them messages
- Build professional networks by finding graduates that work in the same profession or industry or at specific companies or locations
- Serve as mentor and share their expertise with other graduates (or students) who indicate they are looking for mentors. Find suitable mentors based on industry, experience, location ….
- Search for jobs that require a university degree or post job advertisements to an audience of graduates
- Post events and send invitations to a targeted audience e.g. of faculty or residence reunions or receive invitations to events where they can build personal and professional networks
- Receive information on upcoming courses
- Share and view photos
- Post memories of university days, thoughts, news articles, ideas, suggestions and comments that are relevant to other alumni
- Receive news on what is currently happening at the University e.g. research projects
- Become actively involved by donating or offering services to the University.