As contributor to the Alma Mater Fund you can get access to the library. For a fee of R700 per annum (cash or debit order of R50 per month plus library fee of R100 per annum), you support one of three Alma Mater Fund projects of your choice and you will get
- An access card to give you access at the pedestrian gates of the Hatfield campus
- Access to the Merensky and other University libraries (Note it takes at least 48 hours to upload you onto the library system and you will only be able to take out books once you are on the system)
- Access to electronic journals in the Merensky Library (on request)
- The right to borrow up to 4 books for a period of 14 days
- Photocopies at student tariffs.
Note that parking on the Hatfield Campus is limited. When you visit the Campus you can either
- Park in the Engineering Parkade at a fee (entry from University Road) or
- Park for free at the parking lot at the corner of Duxbury and Hilda Road.
To apply you will have to
- Make an appointment to visit the Alumni Office either by
- We will send you an email describing the process and the projects that you can support.
- We will also send you a one-time PIN which will give you access to the campus on the day of the appointment.
- Remember to bring your identity document or card (not driver’s licence) and either cash or a credit card or banking details.
Please note that once you have a biometric access card, you will not need to renew your card annually. The card remains active as long as your debit order is running. However, you will have to renew your library access annually after 28 February and ensure that the library membership of R100 has been paid.
Share this page
Last edited by Marianne HettaschEdit