Readers become leaders
As contributor to the Alma Mater Fund you can get access to our resourceful library. For a fee of R700 per annum (cash or debit order of R50 per month plus library fee of R100 per annum), you support one of three Alma Mater Fund projects of your choice and receive:
- An access card giving you access to the pedestrian gates on the Hatfield campus
- Access to the Merensky and other University libraries
- Access to electronic journals in the Merensky Library (on request)
- The right to borrow up to 4 books for a period of 14 days
- Photocopies at student tariffs.
Please note: that parking on the Hatfield Campus is limited. When you visit the Campus you can either:
- Park in the Engineering Parkade at a fee (entry from University Road) or
- Park for free at the parking lot at the corner of Duxbury and Hilda Road.
To apply you will have to:
- Make an appointment to visit the Alumni Relations Office by
- We will send you an email describing the process and the projects that you can support.
- We will also send you a one-time PIN which will give you access to the campus on the day of the appointment.
- Remember to bring your identity document or card (not driver’s licence) and either cash/credit card/banking details.
Once you have a biometric access card, you will not need to renew your card annually. The card remains active as long as your debit order is running. However, you will have to renew your library access annually after every 28th of February and ensure that the library membership of R100 has been paid.