Spay Clinic OVAH is intended to give final year veterinary students a practical training opportunity to castrate male dogs, and spay female dogs and cats under direct supervision of veterinary surgeons.
- To make an appointment
- Call 012 529 8347 weekdays. If no answer, leave your name and number so that we can call you back (within 2 working days).
- Email [email protected] and we will respond via email (within 2 working days).
- Please fill in the online client registration form if you are a new client.
- If you have been to us before, please update the registration form (ie different address, email, tel number etc).
- General Information
- You should feed your pet on the day of admission (surgery is only performed the next day).
- Up-to-date vaccinations are mandatory! Please bring your vaccination book along.
- Your pet will stay with us for 3 days: day of admission, day of surgery, day of discharge (after 14h00).
- The student who performs the surgery will call you afterwards to update you.
- Cost and payment information
- Dog sterilisations/castrations = R650
- Cat sterilisations = R600
- These prices are heavily subsidised to ensure training cases for our students.
- If you wish to pay in advance, please email proof of payment to [email protected]
|ACCOUNT HOLDER :
||UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA
||Surname or OVAH client number plus animal’s name
Important to note!
- Students do not spay female dogs that weigh less than 3kg or more than 20kg. If your dog weighs less than 3kg or is heavier than 20kg please call the Surgery clinic on 012 529 8087 to obtain the cost, (one of our specialists will perform the surgery).
- Students castrate male dogs that weigh more than 3kg (no maximum weight restriction).
- Male cats are castrated at Outpatients (cost R450). Please call 086 100 8387 and choose option 2 to make an appointment.