The Department of Urology in the School of Medicine strives to be a leader in higher education that is recognised internationally for academic excellence with a focus on quality, and relevant to Africa. It aims to be an excellent research department in its field by utilising leading edge technology.
The mission of the Department is to:
- educate students in academic excellence
- generate new knowledge
- stimulate critical and independent thinking
- encourage high quality and meaningful research applying ethical research practices
- network with national and global partners
- provide quality service and health care to patients following the Batho Pele principle