The Leadership in Action campaign is a chance for the women of TRWLA to apply what they learn through the academy and make a lasting difference in the communities around them.
In groups of two to four, members are invited to identify an issue in their community and then are encouraged to used their new-found skills, creativity and passion to solve the problem. The focus of these projects should be community upliftment, innovation, and sustainability.
- To aid in the development of motivated leaders who are actively involved in their communities
- To introduce new skills in leadership, teamwork and critical thinking
- To act as an incentive to motivate members to attend the content sessions scheduled throughout the year, if not for themselves, for the members of the community they are trying to help
- To introduce a project into the communities with a lasting impact
- To introduce young women into the community to act as role models in women empowerment
||Project proposals to be submitted to Service Team
||Panel returns proposals to teams for revision
||Revised proposals to be submitted to Service Team
|1 April - 1 September
||Project reports to be submitted to Service Team
||Winning team announced
Leadership in Action Competition Brief
Leadership in Action Proposal Form
Leadership in Action Report Form