HISTORY OF THE DEPARTMENT

Town and Regional Planning education at the University of Pretoria dates back to the year 1959 when a postgraduate programme in the discipline was introduced in the then Department of Land Surveying. A graduate programme followed in 1969. In 1998, the Department, together with the departments of Architecture and Construction Economics, became part of the School for the Built Environment in the Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology (EBIT). Today it is one of the largest planning schools in South Africa.

 

Copyright © University of Pretoria 2021. All rights reserved.

FAQ's Email Us Virtual Campus Share Cookie Preferences