- The Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy or an equivalent qualification.
- Registration as occupational therapist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa.
- A student must have at least one year clinical experience in the proposed field of study (Community service year excluded).
- A student must hold at least a 15 hours per week position for the duration of study deemed applicable to the proposed field of study by the head of department.
- Fields of specialisation for the MOccTher degree with coursework are offered on an annual basis if at least five applicants apply for admission to a particular field of specialisation.
- Applicants will be notified as soon as possible after the closing date whether or not a particular field of specialisation will be presented in the subsequent year.
Also consult the General Regulations.
Students must register for, and attend (TNM 802) Applied research methodology 802 satisfactorily. (Exemption will be granted if the module, BSN 701 Biostatistics and research methodology has been passed for the BOccTherHons degree.)
Examinations and pass requirements
- A continuous evaluation mark of at least 50% is required for admission to the examination in the major subject.
- The sequence of the examinations in the prerequisite subjects will be determined by the relevant head of department according to the major subject followed by the student.
- In order to pass, a subminimum of 40% in the written and/or practical and/or clinical sections of the examination, and a final mark of at least 50%, is required in the major as well as the prerequisite subject.
Pass with distinction
The degree is conferred with distinction on a student who has obtained at least 75% in the major subject, and an average of at least 65% in the prerequisite subjects.