- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (or equivalent) degree or relevant bachelor’s degree
- Registration as occupational therapist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- At least one year of clinical experience in the proposed field of study (community service year excluded).
- Employment in a part-time/full-time position for at least 15 hours per week, applicable to the field of study
Also consult the General Regulations.
Students must register for, and attend (TNM 802) Applied research methodology 802 satisfactorily. (Exemption will be granted if the module, BSN 701 Biostatistics and research methodology has been passed for the BOccTherHons degree.)
Examinations and pass requirements
- A continuous evaluation mark of at least 50% is required for admission to the examination in the major subject.
- The sequence of the examinations in the prerequisite subjects will be determined by the relevant head of department according to the major subject followed by the student.
- In order to pass, a subminimum of 40% in the written and/or practical and/or clinical sections of the examination, and a final mark of at least 50%, is required in the major as well as the prerequisite subject.
Pass with distinction
The degree is conferred with distinction on a student who has obtained at least 75% in the major subject, and an average of at least 65% in the prerequisite subjects.