SUCSESS – Strengthening university-enterprise cooperation in South Africa to support regional development by enhancing lifelong learning skills, social innovations and inclusivity
Project Duration: 15 January 2020 – 14 January 2023
The SUCSESS project is sponsored by the European Union’s Erasmus+ Capacity Building in Higher Education funding. The project focuses on strengthening the cooperation between higher education institutes (HEI) and businesses in the Republic of South Africa (RSA). The development of the knowledge triangle (student-teacher-enterprise cooperation) is an important part of the project. New learning methods based on experiential learning will make it possible for students to learn together with the industry in real-life projects, which is important since the employability of graduates from universities in RSA is not at the same level as in Finland, for example.
The SUCSESS project includes several themes such as regional and community development, as well as improved employability of students through transformational and life-long learning skills. The idea is to support an inclusive and sustainable economy by enhancing strategic partnerships and collaboration between HEIs and businesses as well as by improving prerequisites for innovation and knowledge sharing.
- Capacity building of university teachers in two rounds in contemporary pedagogical approaches to enhance the use of knowledge triangle
- Implementation of contemporary pedagogical approaches in education
- Foster university - business cooperation through the idea of knowledge triangle
- Increase student and graduate employability with real life projects during the studies
- Enhance community development and prosperity due to modern development tools gained in knowledge triangle activities
Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences (FIN), University of Johannesburg (RSA), University of Pretoria (RSA), University of Sheffield-Hallam (UK), University of Oulu (FIN) and University of Zululand (RSA)
For more information on the SUCSESS Project, visit the project Website, and follow the project on Facebook and Twitter.