The Faculty of Education at Groenkloof Campus celebrated #Choose UP with the rest of the Faculties at the University of Pretoria on Saturday 4 August 2018.
More than a thousand provisionally accepted students for 2019 visited the Campus to meet the lecturers, attend an information session of the Dean, Prof Chika Sehoole and to listen to staff and student’s input towards their career choice of Education.
The students and parents appreciated the stalls, marketing material, music and talking to lecturers and students about their plans for 2019. The students benefit from information in the different programmes the Faculty of Education offers.
A highlight of the day was when Prof Cheryl de la Rey, Vice Chancellor arrived at the campus to speak to some students, lecturers and the Dean, Prof Chika Sehoole.
Students could enter for the competition of a R10 000 bursary. The Dean drew ten entries from a box. The student must register at the Faculty in 2019, to be awarded the bursary. Some of the winners were extremely emotional about the announcement of being a selected.
As one of South Africa’s oldest and most prestigious institutions of higher education, the University of Pretoria provides a refreshing mix of academic tradition and progressive vision. The latter is brought to life by means of world-class research that results in positive, tangible contributions to both local and global communities.
- The QS World University Rankings rate the top tertiary institutions around the world against several indicators. UP has significantly improved its ranking and is now among the top 52% of ranked institutions. UP is ranked in the 501–550 range. 'Considering there are approximately 26 000 universities globally, this positions the University of Pretoria among the top 1,9% of universities in the world,' the QS body reported.
- UP has the second strongest showing for employer reputation in South Africa and was ranked 255th globally on this indicator.
- The Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences at the University of Pretoria is ranked 1st in South Africa (top 4% worldwide) for Accounting and Finance.
- The School of Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology (EBIT) at the University of Pretoria is ranked in the top 1% worldwide.
- The Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences at the University of Pretoria is ranked in the top 6% worldwide for Economics and Econometrics.
- The QS World University Rankings has included the University of Pretoria in 16 subject categories.
- The TuksLaw team came 1st in South Africa, by winning the 58th Philip C Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition.
- The [email protected] initiative will assist you to graduate in the shortest time possible.
- The Ready for Work programme will help assist you to be ready for employment after graduation
Deputy Dean Prof Salome Human- Vogel and Dean Prof Chika Sehoole drawing bursary winners
University of Pretoria Vice Chancellor and Principal Prof Cherylde la Ray and the Faculty of Education Dean Prof Chika Sehoole interacting with INCA house exhibitors