The Department of Library Services (DLS) kindly reminds each lecturer to submit a legal deposit copy of their latest examination paper(s) to the DLS.
Senate policy states that academic staff are obliged to submit legal deposit copies of examination paper(s) to the DLS in electronic format as soon as the examination has been written. This process is important as the DLS provides access to previous examination papers to help students in their studies. These paper(s) are made available to students searchable from the Library’s main web page. Providing access to digitised past examination papers can greatly assist student success.
Examination papers must please be submitted as soon as possible in electronic format as e-mail attachments to [email protected] in order to ensure that they are made available to students.
- Both Microsoft Word (without password protection) and Adobe Acrobat (PDF) documents are both accepted, but that PDF is preferred.
- No memorandums are needed in past paper(s) submissions
- Postgraduate examination papers, and assignments submitted as examinations are also accepted, but only in electronic format.
- Regrettably, no hard copies are accepted.
Please provide the following information with each examination paper(s):
- Complete course code, e.g. INF 113
- Name of department, e.g. Department of Informatics
- Date of examination, e.g. November 2020
Reminders will be sent to departments on a bi-annual basis. Students who inquire about past examination papers that are not available online, will be directed to their relevant lecturers and departments.
Further information in regards to the submission of past examination paper(s) for staff and students can be found in our Exam Papers Subject guide, which can be accessed via the following link: https://up-za.libguides.com/c.php?g=675275
Queries: [email protected] or [email protected]
The DLS would like to thank you for your assistance and time in helping us provide crucial assistance to your students in their studies!