Tell us in a few sentences about a time that our librarians, services, resources, or spaces had a positive impact on your academic work and stand a chance to win a prize.
What do you need to do?
- Download the Library Love Letter template (also see the link at the bottom of this notification), or find a printed copy at the Information desk of your campus library;
- Write a love letter to your library (not longer than 100 words) and tell us in a few sentences about a time that our librarians, services, resources, or spaces had a positive impact on your academic work;
Enter the competition by:
- Taking a photograph of the letter and sharing it on social media and tag us with #UPLibrary, #LibraryLoversMonth, #LIASAMAIG;
- OR Physically hand in your love letter at any of the Information or Access and Lending desks of your campus library;
- OR email your electronic love letter to [email protected]
The winning love letters will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Originality of topic and creativity;
- Humour and Entertainment quality;
- Clarity of expression;
- Appropriateness to theme;
- Correctness and spelling.
Prizes sponsored by Bookmark and Haloa:
- 3 x R500 Bookmark vouchers
- 5 x Haloa coffee vouchers
- Ts & Cs apply. Winners will need to present their student cards when claiming the prize at the Marketing Office of the Merensky 2 Library.
Closing date of the competition: Thursday 28 February 2019
Winners will be contacted via mobile phone or email by Friday 1 March 2019
Target audience: University of Pretoria undergraduate and postgraduate students
Enquiries: [email protected]