The mission and objectives of UBRIL are to:
- Conduct research and obtain insight regarding legal problems concerning insolvency and business rescue law, and any other related field or subject (‘the fields’);
- Generate, promote and provide expertise concerning the fields listed above; and
- Contribute to the development of the fields as listed above in Africa.
The mission of UBRIL is pursued by:
- Participation in the academic programmes of the Faculty of Law where relevant;
- Self-initiated research projects on relevant legal questions;
- A programme of publication to announce research results;
- Training (inclusive of so called Continuous Professional Development (CPD)-training) to interested individuals, groups and institutions;
- Presentations of symposia, conferences, seminars and workshops;
- Obtaining and provision of information relating to national and international questions relating to the fields listed above;
- Contact and cooperation with international experts and similar institutions inside and outside South Africa;
- Establishment and development of a database with regard to applicable sources for research; and
- Any other activity which may contribute to the pursuit and promotion of the mission and objectives of UBRIL.