This programme is offered by the Visual Culture Studies division of the Department of Visual Arts.
Further information is available from the programme manager.
- Relevant honour’s degree with specialisation in Visual Culture Studies, Art History, Image Studies, Digital Humanities, Fine Arts, Design Studies, Digital Media, Communication and Media Studies, Publishing or relevant relevant four-year bachelor’s degree
- A cumulative weighted average of at least 70% for the honours degree or four-year bachelor’s degree
- In the case of a four-year degree an average of 70% is required for the research component
- An admissions essay may be required
- An entrance examination may be required
Note: Additional work/modules may be required in order to reach the desired level of competency
Prospective students may be required to submit an admissions essay or to sit for an examination or to do additional work/modules to enable them to reach the desired level of study.
An acceptable level of proficiency in English is required.
An approved statement of intent is required.