- Relevant BCom degree
- A weighted average of at least 60% for Economics and Agricultural Economics at final-year level
- Statistics passed at second-year level
Other programme-specific information
Students intending to continue with the MCom degree in Agricultural Economics are advised to choose their elective modules from MIE 780, EKT 713, EKT 723 and LEK 711.
Examinations and pass requirements
In calculating marks, General Regulation G12.2 applies.
Subject to the provisions of General Regulation G.26, a head of department determines, in consultation with the Dean
- when the honours examinations in his/her department will take place, provided that:
- honours examinations which do not take place before the end of the academic year must take place no later than 18 January of the following year, and all examination results must be submitted to Student Administration by 25 January; and
- honours examinations which do not take place before the end of the first semester may take place no later than 15 July, and all examination results must be submitted to Student Administration on or before 18 July.
- whether a candidate will be admitted to a supplementary examination, provided that a supplementary examination is granted, only once in a maximum of two prescribed semester modules or once in one year module;
- supplementary examinations (if granted) cover the same subject matter as was the case for the examinations;
- NB: For the purpose of this provision, the phrase "not sit for an examination more than twice in the same subject" as it appears in General Regulation G.18.2, implies that a candidate may not be admitted to an examination in a module, including a supplementary examination, more than three times.
- the manner in which research reports are prepared and examined in his/her department.
NB: Full details are published in each department's postgraduate information brochure, which is available from the relevant head of department. The minimum pass mark for a research report is 50%. The provisions regarding pass requirements for dissertations contained in General Regulation G.12.2 apply mutatis mutandis to research reports.
Subject to the provisions of General Regulation G.126.96.36.199, the subminimum required in subdivisions of modules is published in the study guides, which is available from the relevant head of department.