This advanced diploma in Education underscores the importance of visual impairment education for teachers and practitioners who teach and collaborate with learners who with a visual impairment. The qualification focuses on understanding visual impairment, in terms of low vision and blindness. The aim is to equip teachers and practitioners, in support of learners with visual impairment and also to enhance ongoing research in this field.
- A four-year Bachelor of Education or equivalent degree, or
- A general first degree or diploma, plus a Postgraduate Certificate in Education, or
- A former Advanced Certificate in Education (Level 6 on the former 8-level NQF), or
- A former Further Diploma in Education which follows a former professional teaching qualification, or
- A former four-year Higher Diploma in Education.
- Completion of the module Technology for teachers (ICT 430) before enrolment into the programme.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Braille before completion of the programme.