Prof Siphamandla Zondi
1. Contract researchers are hired from funds garnered from outside as and when there is such funding.
2. Full-time departmental staff take interest in contributing to ISPA projects, especially funded ones. Those that are able will be asked to take lead in team made up of others in ensuring work is produced and discussions are had.
3. Post-doctoral fellows are appointed in area related to the research agenda of the ISPA. They will be responsible for leading specific themes by doing focused research and produce publications in the form of journal articles, book chapters, joint books, and policy briefs. They will lead the teams that work together to produce this work. At least two journal articles or equivalent must come from each theme.
4. NRF research interns are assigned to each theme with responsibilities for research (data collection, data collation) and drafting reports/publications under guidance.
5. Research associates provide high-level support and guidance to the ISPA. They will commit to either contributing to dialogue or publications associated with the ISPA and the Department of Political Sciences.